Austin Youth River Watch offers in-class presentations as well as field trips for school groups in the Austin area. These hands-on activities can be customized to align with class curricula and TEKS in order to best fit the needs of your students.
Field trips and presentations can include but are not limited to the following activities:
- TEKS aligned adventures in Hornsby Bend
- Guided “Leave No Trace” principles hikes
- Hands-on practice in water quality testing
- Freshwater benthic macroinvertebrate sampling
- Intro to restoration ecology
- Animal tracks/scat ID games
- Water/nutrient/food cycle activities
Overall, students leave with a greater understanding of the relationship between human activity, natural systems, and our water supply.
Interested in scheduling a field trip or presentation? Fill out the form below!