There are many ways to volunteer with AYRW
Along with regular water quality monitoring, River Watchers work with community partners on restoration projects and outreach events throughout the year that volunteers can help with.
Some of the stuff we need help with
Creek clean-ups, planting native riparian species, mulching, invasive species removal, outreach activities, and building rain gardens.
We also often need additional support with advocacy for issues related to our youth and the environment, assistance at our EcoHouse with administrative duties, and of course fundraising. We are a small staff with a significant impact and would love to hear from you!
After School Volunteering Logistics:
- Time frame, roughly 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Pick a day of the week, Monday – Thursday.
- Once you’ve got a day, your day will remain the same all semester.
- Commitment to show up weekly.
- Adeptness or willingness to work with teenagers.
- Willingness to be outdoors. Experience in content areas (water chemistry, aquatic life, riparian restoration, etc.) is appreciated but not required.
You will be:
- Helping program staff by being additional supervision for the kids.
- An additional adult role model who is a consistent, dependable part of their life for the semester. You’ll get to know that group of kids very well.
There may also be opportunities to accompany the River Watchers on camping and canoeing adventures on weekends.
If you're interested
Help transform a young person’s life AND provide critical water-quality data for our community.
Write a check & mail it to:
Austin Youth River Watch
P.O. Box 40351
Austin TX, 78704-0006.
Austin Youth River Watch is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization, and all donations are 100% eligible for tax deductions.
Donate your vehicle (car, truck, boat, snowmobile, spaceship) through C.A.R.S.
Got an old clunker? No matter where you are in the U.S., these folks will come get your clunker, sell it for a good price, and then donate the net proceeds to River Watch. What a deal!