As we wrap things up in our Summer Leadership Program, we thought it would be fun to share some of our “stats” with you:
- Total # of River Watchers this Summer: 47
- 47% of our students were female, and 53% were male.
- 38% of our students were African-American, and 53% were Latino; the rest were Anglo or Asian.
- Students hailed from all 9 of our core Austin high schools.
- Students hailed from 14 different zip codes.
We’d like to send out a special thank you to our AMAZING Summer Interns, Kris Carino and Steff Lazo-Herencia. Both of these women are former River Watchers, and they formed heart-felt bonds with our students this Summer. We couldn’t have been more pleased to have them as part of our team!
It’s hard to believe that our Summer Leadership Program is drawing to a close already — the last six weeks have gone by so fast!