Assist with outdoor environmental education programming:
- Work with program staff to facilitate weekly outdoor environmental education programming for high school students
- Attain and maintain status as an LCRA Certified Water Quality Monitor. Training provided.
- Learn and reinforce concepts relating to ecological and hydrological enhancement associated with the River Watch restoration projects.
- Other tasks and assignments as needed
Assist with youth development programming:
- Mentor student participants
- Assist in planning youth leadership and community engagement opportunities
Coordinate and assist with program logistics:
- Transport students in a 12 passenger van from schools to program sites, and back home safely.
- Assist staff in procuring and maintaining program supplies including water quality and restoration supplies, food and drink, and other necessary materials.
Assist with program administrative and development activities:
- Help assure the safety and supervision of all participants.
- Take attendance and administer all necessary forms, as needed.
- Work with other staff to regularly clean and maintain the River Watch EcoHouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director and the Executive Director.
- Experience working with youth.
- Comfortable working in the outdoors.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences with students, staff members, and in our community.
- Strong organization and communication skills (active listening, speaking, and writing).
- Passing a comprehensive criminal background check.
- CPR/1st Aid certification (adult, child, and infant). Can be trained once employed.
- Experience driving a 12 passenger van
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Multi-lingual appreciated
How to Apply
Candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you don’t have to meet every qualification listed. If you are passionate about the position and confident you would be a good choice, we encourage you to apply.